RIMAC Arena is a multi-use facility capable of accommodating a wide variety of activities ranging from large spectator events including ceremonies and concerts to athletic competitions and tournaments. The 44,000-square-foot floor is also capable of accommodating large floor exhibits. The arena floor is spring loaded employing the use of Robbins Bio-Cushion I and is curtain divisible for multi-sport use in basketball (total of five courts), volleyball, and badminton. The arena is furnished with 10 retractable glass basketball backboards, and floor plates and sleeves for volleyball and badminton. Employing the use of telescopic bleachers and floor seats, RIMAC Arena can accommodate up to 5,000 spectators.
RIMAC is home to the UCSD men's and women's basketball teams, along with the men's and women's volleyball squads. Over 50 home athletic events are contested in RIMAC every year, and with enthusiastic support from both the campus and surrounding communities, the Tritons truly enjoy a home court advantage. The basketball and volleyball teams utilize the main court for both practice and games, while the auxiliary courts, which are located on the third floor, are used only for practices.
In Google Maps, enter this address for nearest lot to RIMAC:
9730 Hopkins Dr., University of California San Diego, San Diego, California 92093
Directions to RIMAC Arena
- From Interstate 5, Exit Genesee Ave.
- Head west on Genesee
- Turn left on Torrey Pines Rd.
- Turn left at the next signal (Northpoint Drive - UCSD North Campus Entrance)
- Continue through 2 stop signs, as the road curves to the right it becomes John Hopkins Drive
- Park in Hopkins Parking Structure. RIMAC Arena is directly north of the parking structure.
- Parking permits are required (Mon-Fri only) and can be obtained from the Northpoint information booth (To the right of the second stop sign on Northpoint Drive are parking permit machines.) or any level of Hopkins Parking Structure.