Triton Ballpark can now truly lay claim to being one of the premier baseball fields in all of San Diego County. The facility on UCSD's East Campus boasts a brand-new look outside the foul lines, having undergone a major renovation ahead of and during the 2015 season. Some of the main features include a permanent grandstand to seat just over 500, a press box, new sunken dugouts, an area for food trucks, and restrooms, among several other amenities. Read details here. The Marye Anne Fox Clubhouse down the right field line was introduced to the players on March 17, 2015, and has separate locker rooms for players and coaches, coaches' offices, and a player lounge with tables and chairs for optimal studying, as well as flat-screen televisions and video-game consoles for entertainment. Watch a clip here.
Triton Ballpark's extensive renovation was completed enough for competition to take place as scheduled with an Opening Day doubleheader on Sunday, Feb. 1, 2015. The first pitch at the new Triton Ballpark came from Trevor Scott, the first hit and RBI by Brandon Shirley, the first run by Tyler Howsley, and the first home run in the form of a grand slam by Brian Choi. The official Triton Ballpark re-opening and clubhouse dedication took place on April 10, 2015, with the San Diego Union-Tribune present. View photo galleries from the ballpark construction here, Opening Day here, and clubhouse dedication here.
Previously on Saturday, Jan. 29, 2011, the first-ever night game was played at the venue after lighting was installed. To read more about the celebration and the game, click here. A new scoreboard arrived in right center field in time for the 2013 campaign.
Current features include:
• A complete lighting system added in 2011
• Two new sunken dugouts (with lighting and power)
• Scoreboard (located in right center field)
• Fenced batting cage with power available
• Permanent grandstand to seat just over 500
Field dimensions from home plate to the fence:
• Left Field - 330 feet
• Right Field - 330 feet
• Center Field - 400 feet
In Google Maps, enter this address for nearest lot to Triton Ballpark:
3432 Voigt Drive, San Diego, CA 92037
Directions to Triton Ballpark:
- From Interstate 5, Exit Genesee Ave.
- Head east on Genesee
- Turn right (west) on Campus Point Drive
- Turn right on Voigt Drive.
- Park in lot 701. Baseball field is directly east of lot 701. Additional parking is available in the East parking lot.
- Parking permits required Monday-Friday only.
- Permits can bu purchased at the machine near the entrance to the Triton Ballpark parking lot.
- Parking on the UCSD campus is free on weekends.
- Please be aware of the danger of foul balls when parking.