Triton Track & Field Stadium
UC San Diego's Triton Track & Field Stadium is known as one of the top track and field venues in the country. The facility includes a nine-lane track surface in Triton Stadium, a world-renowned throwing facility, spacious locker rooms and a weight room. Large grass fields and a eucalyptus forest with trails surround the stadium, providing endless possibilities for training. Near the track is a state-of-the-art, multi-million-dollar athletic event center (RIMAC) that includes a 5,000-seat arena and a 12,000-square-foot weight room.
Among the latest additions to Triton Track & Field Stadium have been a renovated pole vault area, and most recently, a brand-new Daktronics video board (pictured at top) which was dedicated on Feb. 9, 2013. Click here (event promo) and here (event recap) to read more, with a photo gallery here. The venue is currently undergoing major construction above the track surface and stands, to build the Alex G. Spanos Athletic Performance Center. The groundbreaking ceremony took place on June 9, 2015, with the project expected to be completed in the fall. Read about the groundbreaking (with photos) here.
In Google Maps, enter this address for nearest lot to Triton Track & Field Stadium:
9730 Hopkins Drive, San Diego, CA 92121
Directions to Triton Track & Field Stadium
- From Interstate 5, exit Genesee Avenue
- Head west on Genesee (up hill)
- Turn left on North Torrey Pines Road (light at top of hill)
- Turn left at the first light (UCSD Northpoint Driveway - North Campus entrance)
- Continue through two stop signs. As the road curves to the right (with Triton Track & Field Stadium to your immediate left), it becomes Hopkins Drive
- Pass green fields and then RIMAC Arena to your right and park in adjacent Hopkins Parking Structure. Triton Track & Field Stadium remains just north of Northpoint Driveway, and is accessible via Ridge Walk
- Parking permits are required Monday through Friday only (free on weekends), and can be obtained from the Northpoint information booth (on right side of street at second stop sign on Northpoint Driveway), or on any level of the Hopkins Parking Structure