A Proud Tradition of Academic
and Athletic Excellence!
This is UCSD Athletics...
- Triton teams have captured 30 national championships while 43 squads have finished as national runners-up and 47 others have achieved national third-place honors. All told, UCSD has won a total of 228 national, regional and conference championships.
- UCSD has won 138 individual national championships.
- A remarkable 1,243 student-athletes have been named to All-America teams.
- UCSD student-athletes have excelled academically as well, earning 29 prestigious NCAA Post-Graduate Scholarships and 61 Academic All-America selections, including a program-high eight over the 2012-13 campaign. Consistently, over 55 percent of the student-athletes earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, placing them on the Athletic Director's Honor Roll.
- In 2014, UCSD was ranked first in Division II (for the eighth straight year) and 12th overall in the National Collegiate Scouting Association Power Rankings, which are based on student-athlete graduation rates, academic strength and athletic prowess of the university.
- In 2014-15, UCSD posted a 37th-place finish out of 252 Division II schools (first among CCAA members) in the Learfield Sports Director's Cup, an award emblematic of the best overall athletics department in the country. Since moving to the NCAA Division II level in 2000, UCSD has placed in the top seven programs in the country on 10 different occasions and finished second overall twice.
- UCSD has won five of the last 10 California Collegiate Athletic Association Commissioner's Cup titles, an award symbolizing the best overall athletics department in the CCAA.