TURLOCK, Calif. - The No. 19 UC San Diego women's tennis team won its fourth consecutive match Sunday morning, defeating Cal State Stanislaus handily by a score of 8-1 at CSUS Tennis Courts in Turlock.
UCSD swept all three doubles matches and went on to win five of six singles contests.
In the No. 1 doubles spot, Melissa Breisacher and Kyra Scott defeated McKenzy Harden and Davina Meza, 8-3. Paula Chou and Jacquelyn Davis beat Kelsey Chrisco and Jessica Stokes, 8-1, at No. 2 and Melinda Chu and Tara Vanooteghem downed Aubree Brenda and Kaitlyn Ireland, 8-1, in the third spot.
It was the third straight doubles win for the teams of Chou and Davis and Chu and Vanooteghem.
The Tritons carried their strong play into the singles portion of the match, winning at No. 2 through No. 6, all in straight sets. In the fifth slot, Davis didn't drop a single game to Ireland, winning 6-0 and 6-0.
At No. 6, senior Sherise Lum made her season debut and didn't disappoint, easily topping Brenda by scores of 6-1 and 6-1.
Also winning their singles matches were Scott at No. 2, Chou at No. 3 and Vanooteghem at No. 4.
For Vanooteghem, it was her ninth win in a row. Scott has won five straight while both Chou and Davis have been victorious in their last four.
The Warriors' lone win of the day came at No. 1 singles as Meza defeated Breisacher, 6-4, 6-2.
The Tritons' four-match win streak is their longest of the season.
UCSD has two matches remaining on its schedule, both on the road. The Tritons play at San Diego State on April 16 (2 p.m.) and at Cal State L.A. on April 18 (1:30 p.m.).
#19 UC San Diego 8, Cal State Stanislaus 1
April 14, 2013 at Turlock, CA (CSUS Tennis Courts)
1. Davina Meza (CSUS) def. Melissa Breisacher (UCSD) 6-4, 6-2
2. Kyra Scott (UCSD) def. Kelsey Chrisco (CSUS) 6-2, 6-0
3. Paula Chou (UCSD) def. McKenzy Harden (CSUS) 6-2, 6-1
4. Tara Vanooteghem (UCSD) def. Jessica Stokes (CSUS) 6-1, 6-0
5. Jacquelyn Davis (UCSD) def. Kaitlyn Ireland (CSUS) 6-0, 6-0
6. Sherise Lum (UCSD) def. Aubree Brenda (CSUS) 6-1, 6-1
1. Melissa Breisacher/Kyra Scott (UCSD) def. McKenzy Harden/Davina Meza (CSUS) 8-3
2. Paula Chou/Jacquelyn Davis (UCSD) def. Kelsey Chrisco/Jessica Stokes (CSUS) 8-1
3. Melinda Chu/Tara Vanooteghem (UCSD) def. Aubree Brenda/Kaitlyn Ireland (CSUS) 8-1
UC San Diego 14-6; National ranking #19; Regional ranking #5
Cal State Stanislaus 1-13
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (5,4,2,6,1,3)
-- UCSDtritons.com --