LOS ANGELES - UC San Diego's women's tennis match at Cal State L.A. was cancelled Thursday after the school was closed due to an emergency.
As of noon, the campus was shut down and evacuated as a precaution.
The match, UCSD's final contest of the season, was scheduled for a 1:30 p.m. start at the Cal State L.A. Tennis Complex.
The Tritons defeated the Golden Eagles, 6-3, on March 29 in La Jolla.
No make-up date or time has been announced.
For more information on the campus emergency when it becomes available, please visit CalStateLA.edu.
Recent Tweets from @CalStateLA as of 5:30 p.m. PT on April 18 (newest listed first):
- Day and evening classes at CSULA will be cancelled for today.
- We encourage the campus community to subscribe to campus emergency alerts at http://www.calstatela.edu/univ/police/ens.php.
- Cal State L.A. has already sent out text messages and campuswide email notifications alerting the campus of the emergency.
- The campus is being evacuated now. We'll let you know as soon as we have more info.
- The campus is being evacuated due to an emergency. We don't have additonal information at this time.
- The CSULA campus is closed as of noon, April 18, as a precaution. Those on campus should evacuate immediately.
-- UCSDtritons.com --