KONA, Hawaii - The 13th-ranked University of California San Diego men's tennis team wrapped up play at the Hawaii Invitational Sunday with a 6-3 victory over Hawaii-Hilo to complete a three-match sweep at the event.
UC San Diego went 4-2 in singles and 2-1 in doubles against the Vulcans.
At No. 1, Eric Tseng was defeated by Vaclav Slezak in straight sets, 6-2, 6-1.
The No. 1 spot in doubles did not go the Tritons' way, as Isaia and Miaule were defeated by Slezak and Zukeran, 8-3.
However, UCSD rounded out the doubles competion with wins. Sreeganesh Manoharan and Edvin Larsson won at No. 2, beating Figlia and Fillat Perez, 9-7, while Tseng and Zhang were victorious at No. 3 against Dillon Lam and Daniel Tada, 8-2.
The Tritons also defeated No. 1 Hawaii Pacific (5-4) and 26th-ranked BYU-Hawaii (6-3) during the road trip.
UC San Diego will return to action at home on Feb. 24 when it hosts Holy Names for a 3:00 p.m match at Northview Courts.
#13 UC San Diego 6, Hawaii-Hilo 3
Feb. 19, 2017 at Kona, HI (Mauna Loa Village)
1. Vaclav Slezak (UHH) def. #36 Eric Tseng (UCSD) 6-2, 6-1
2. Alexandre Miaule (UCSD) def. Gregory Zukeran (UHH) 6-1, 6-4
3. Justin Zhang (UCSD) def. Alex Fillat Perez (UHH) 6-4, 2-6, 10-8
4. Marc Isaia (UCSD) def. Stefan Coney (UHH) 6-1, 6-1
5. Marius Ruh (UCSD) def. Bruno Figlia (UHH) 6-0, 6-1
6. Ryuta Ogawa (UHH) def. Sreeganesh Manoharan (UCSD) 5-7, 6-4, 10-3
1. Vaclav Slezak/Gregory Zukeran (UHH) def. Marc Isaia/Alexandre Miaule (UCSD) 8-3
2. Edvin Larsson/Sreeganesh Manoharan (UCSD) def. Bruno Figlia/Alex Fillat Perez (UHH) 9-7
3. Eric Tseng/Justin Zhang (UCSD) def. Dillon Lam/Daniel Tada (UHH) 8-2
UC San Diego 4-3; National ranking #13; Regional ranking #3
Hawaii-Hilo 1-3; Regional ranking #8
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (4,5,1,2,6,3)