No. 5 UC San Diego Defeated by Williams at Home
LA JOLLA, Calif. - The fifth-ranked University of California San Diego women's tennis team suffered a 7-2 loss against Williams College, the No. 2 squad in NCAA Division III, Monday at Northview Courts on campus.
With the loss, UC San Diego fell to 8-8. Williams remained perfect at 7-0.
The Ephs won two of three doubles matches and five of the six singles contests.
Down 2-1 after doubles, UCSD tied the match at 2-2 when Becky Chou downed Chloe Henderson at No. 2 singles. Chou won in straight sets, 6-3 and 6-0.
However, Williams took the next five points.
UC San Diego hosts San José State on Tuesday, March 27, at 11 a.m. The Spartans are the sixth NCAA Division I opponent for the Tritons this season.
Williams 7, #5 UC San Diego 2
March 26, 2018 at La Jolla, CA (Northview Courts)
1. Juli Raventos (WC) def. #24 Ashley Chao (UCSD) 6-1, 7-6 (8-6)
2. Becky Chou (UCSD) def. Chloe Henderson (WC) 6-3, 6-0
3. Mia Gancayco (WC) def. #23 Alexandra Weil (UCSD) 6-3, 6-1
4. Korina Neveux (WC) def. Jasmine Hosseini (UCSD) 7-5, 6-0
5. Emily Zheng (WC) def. Valeria Corral (UCSD) 2-6, 6-1, 6-0
6. Giulia McDonnell (WC) def. Chloe Wight (UCSD) 5-7, 6-4, 6-1
1. Julia Cancio/Chloe Henderson (WC) def. #27 Ashley Chao/Becky Chou (UCSD) 9-7 (8-6)
2. Korina Neveux/Juli Raventos (WC) def. Madison Hale/Alexandra Weil (UCSD) 8-2
3. Nousha Nowamooz/Chloe Wight (UCSD) def. Leah Bush/Giulia McDonnell (WC) 8-5
UC San Diego 8-8; National ranking #5; Regional ranking #3
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (2,3,4,6,1,5)