Tritons Travel to Santa Barbara for UCSB Intercollegiate
UC San Diego will be facing primarily NCAA Division I teams, including several future Big West Conference foes, when it travels north to compete at the UCSB Intercollegiate, April 15-16 at Sandpiper in Santa Barbara.
The eight-team field features six DI squads in host UCSB, Cal Poly, California Baptist, CSUN, UC Riverside, and Weber State. Cal State Monterey Bay, ranked 18th nationally, joins UC San Diego from the Division II ranks and the California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA).
The UCSB Intercollegiate is UC San Diego's final warm-up for the CCAA Tournament.
The event can be followed with live results.
• Monday, April 15, 2019 - 8:00 a.m. (36 holes)
• Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 8:00 a.m. (18 holes)
• Sandpiper in Santa Barbara, California
• Par 72/7,062 yards
PARTICIPATING TEAMS (Golfstat rank/GCAA coaches rank)
• Cal Poly (NR/181)
• Cal State Monterey Bay (18/17)
• California Baptist (not eligible for rankings)
• CSUN (NR/213)
• UC Riverside (NR/219)
• UC San Diego (/45)
• UC Santa Barbara (NR/130)
• Weber State (NR/237)
• 57 golfers
• Each team consists of six players
• Top four player scores count in each round
• Nine golfers playing as individuals and don't factor into team score (three each from Cal Poly, CSUN, and UC Santa Barbara)
UC SAN DIEGO SEASON RESULTS
• Hanny Stanislaus Invitational, 7th of 17 (UC San Diego top finisher: Hayden Hui, tie for 10th)
• SoCal Intercollegiate, 8th of 16 (Hayden Hui, tie for 10th)
• Bay Area Invitational, 5th of 14 (Hayden Hui, 4th)
• CSUSM Invitational, 3rd of 15 (Hayden Hui, tie for 6th)
• Otter Invitational, 9th of 17 (Hayden Hui, Adam Navigato, Justin Woo tie for 28th)
• Dixie State Fall Regional Preview, tie for 21st of 27 (Hayden Hui, tie for 7th)
• Western Washington Invitational, tie for 15th of 20 (Hayden Hui, tie for 13th)
• Saint Martin's Invitational, 10th of 18 (Hayden Hui, tie for 14th)
• Sonoma State Invitational, 4th of 8 (Hayden Hui, tie for 10th)
The 2019 CCAA Men's Golf Tournament is set for Tuesday, April 23 and Wednesday, April 24 at Bayonet & Blackhorse in Seaside. It will be a 54-hole tourney with 36 holes on Tuesday and 18 on Wednesday.
About UC San Diego Athletics
With 30 national team championships, nearly 150 individual titles, and the top student-athlete graduation rate among Division II institutions in the United States, the UC San Diego intercollegiate athletics program annually ranks as one of the most successful in the country. The Tritons sponsor 23 intercollegiate sport programs that compete on the NCAA Division I and II levels and, in the summer of 2020, will transition into full Division I status as a member of the Big West Conference. UC San Diego student-athletes exemplify the academic ideals of one of the world's pre-eminent institutions, graduating at an average rate of 91 percent. A total of 81 Tritons have earned Academic All-America honors, while 36 have earned prestigious NCAA Post-Graduate Scholarships. In competition, more than 1,300 UC San Diego student-athletes have earned All-America honors.
Follow the Tritons
For complete coverage and information regarding UC San Diego Athletics, follow the Tritons online at UCSDTritons.com and through social media on Twitter (@UCSDTritons), Instagram (@UCSDTritons) and Facebook (UCSDTritons). To stay tuned in to UC San Diego Men's Golf, follow the team's Instagram (@UCSDmensgolf).