Located on the eastern end of campus, between Eleanor Roosevelt College and Warren College, the Canyonview Aquatics Center features two outdoor, Olympic-Size Pools, each of which can be divided into 8 lanes of 50 meters in length or 19 lanes of 25 yards in length. The aquatic center also features a state-off-the-art weight room. Canyonview is home to the UCSD men’s and women’s water polo teams, as well as the men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams.
UCSD West Pool Quick Facts:
- Opened February 8, 2006 (Click HERE for the Grand Opening story)
- The new pool is 50 meters by 25 yards
- The pool is seven feet deep throughout
- It holds 680,000 gallons of water
- There is bleacher seating for 1,000
- Includes new weight room and locker rooms
- The architects for the project were Hanna, Gabriel, Wells
- Matthew Wells was the principal architect
- The pool was designed by Aquatic Design Group
- The General Contractor was Taylor-Frager
- The Pool Construction was completed by Mission Pools
UCSD East Pool Quick Facts:
- Heated year-round to 80-85 degrees
- Bleacher seating for 336 and additional seating up to 1,000 total on grass
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms with showers
- Lights on the deck accommodate night use
- Diving Area consists of one 5-meter platform, two 3-meter platforms, two 1-meter platforms
In Google Maps, enter this address for nearest lot to Canyonview:
3390 Voigt Dr, San Diego, California 92121
Directions to Canyonview Aquatic Center
- From Interstate 5, Exit Genesee Ave.
- Head east on Genesee
- Turn right (west) on Campus Point Drive
- Turn right on Voigt Drive.
- Park in lots 510, 701, or 403 or 506. Canyonview Pool is on the north side of Voigt Drive and west of lot 510.
- Parking permits required Monday - Friday only.