UCSD Athletics - Tritons In the News
NCAA.com feature on co-head swim coaches Corrie Falcon and Matt Macedo.
Local and National Features on UC San Diego Athletics
- November 28, 2013 - This CBS 8 story about state-of-the-art ways to rehab athletes features women's basketball player Stephanie Yano and the UCSD Athletic Training Room. (video)
- November 16, 2013 - Read about the men's soccer team's epic win over Chico State in the NCAA Tournament in this recap by Tod Leonard of the U-T San Diego.
- November 14, 2013 - U-T San Diego writer Tod Leonard featured the men's soccer team and head coach Jon Pascale ahead of UCSD's NCAA Championship second-round match.
- November 14, 2013 - U-T San Diego's Bi-Weekly Collegiate Column
- November 9, 2013 - Former baseball All-American Vance Albitz and his Gloves 4 Troops program were featured on Game Changers. (video)
- October 31, 2013 - U-T San Diego writer Tod Leonard's Local Colleges column featured the men's soccer team and senior midfielder Andisheh Bagheri.
- October 24, 2013 - UCSD Basketball is featured in the inaugural edition of the San Diego Sun Times. (page 12)
- October 23, 2013 - Head women's rowing coach Colin Truex was on Fox5 previewing the 12th annual Row for the Cure on Mission Bay. (video)
- October 17, 2013 - U-T San Diego's Bi-Weekly Collegiate Column
- October 15, 2013 - The nationally-ranked Triton men's soccer team was featured on the National Soccer Coaches Association of America's (NSCAA) Weekly College Highlights and Rankings Show with host Dean Linke. Segment begins at 23:52 mark. (video)
- September 19, 2013 - U-T San Diego's Weekly Collegiate Column
- September 12, 2013 - U-T San Diego's Weekly Collegiate Column
- September 5, 2013 - U-T San Diego's Weekly Collegiate Column
- July 1, 2013 - Water polo player Emma Sasson is interviewed in this San Diego Jewish Journal story about the upcoming Maccabiah Games in Israel.
- June 22, 2013 - Olivia Fountain and Sandy Hon (photo gallery by Nelvin Cepeda) of the swimming and diving team are featured in U-T San Diego military reporter Jeanette Steele's look at the prospect of women in the Navy SEAL program.
- June 15, 2013 - Mark Saunders of the U-T wrote this piece on UCSD's Athletics Hall of Fame.
- June 6, 2013 - Athletics Director Earl Edwards talks about UCSD's recently-announced Athletics Hall of Fame on U-T TV's The Sports Page. (video)
- May 29, 2013 - The Santa Cruz Sentinel catches up with Nash Howe after his All-American performance at the NCAA Track & Field Championships.
- May 11, 2013 - Sarah Lizotte of the women's water polo team is the subject of this David Lassen feature in the Press-Enterprise.
- May 11, 2013 - Water polo goalie and Hawaii native Courtney Miller is featured in this NCAA piece.
- May 3, 2013 - Water polo player Alexis Wieseler gets some pub in one of her hometown papers, the Redlands Daily Facts.
- April 5, 2013 - Baseball pitcher Ryan Goodbrand was featured with a Q&A in the Spring Issue of digital publication Spotlight Sports Magazine.
- April 3, 2013 - Rowing coach Zach Johnson was interviewed by Nathalie Basha of KFMB Ch. 8 in a San Diego Crew Classic preview.
- March 16, 2013 - "Impressive Footsteps" - Women's basketball head coach Heidi VanDerveer is featured in the NCAA Division II Championships game program.
- March 11, 2013 - National champions Anji Shakya and Dane Stassi of the Triton swimming teams were guests of Michelle Gingras and Lisa Lane on U-T TV's daily show, The Sports Page, a day after they returned from Alabama. (video)
- March 9, 2013 - On the day of the NCAA Fencing West Regional in La Jolla, KGTV Ch. 10 ran this Steve Smith piece on Sports Xtra. (video)
- March 8, 2013 - KGTV Ch. 10's Steve Smith put together this piece with the Triton fencing team. (video)
- March 7, 2013 - Andrew Burer, producer of U-T TV's The Sports Page, profiled baseball ace Ryan Goodbrand and his incredible shutout streak to open the 2013 season. (video)
- March 6, 2013 - Michelle Gingras of U-T TV put together this recap after the women's basketball team's big win over Cal State San Bernardino in the first round of the CCAA Tournament. (video)
- March 5, 2013 - U-T TV's The Sports Page ran this men's basketball piece heading into the team's CCAA Tournament first round game at Cal State San Bernardino. (video)
- March 4, 2013 - U-T TV's Michelle Gingras completes the U-T San Diego's extensive feature on swimming captain Beth Dong. (video)
- March 3, 2013 - U-T San Diego reporter Stefanie Loh tells the incredible story of senior swimming and diving co-captain Beth Dong in a full-length Sunday edition cover story complete with an extensive gallery by staff photographer K.C. Alfred.
- March 3, 2013 - Derek Togerson of KNSD Ch. 7 came out to Main Gym to profile the fencing team for Sportswrap. (video)
- February 14, 2013 - National college baseball writer Eric Sorenson's unique take on UCSD's home win over city rival Point Loma Nazarene on Feb. 12.
- February 13, 2013 - Men's hoops coach Chris Carlson lends his expertise to this piece by the U-T San Diego's Nick Canepa.
- February 13, 2013 - Following its dominating showing at the IFCSC Individual Championships, the fencing team is the focus of this column by Matt Calkins of the U-T.
- February 8, 2013 - Nathalie Basha of KFMB Ch. 8 filed this hands-on feature with the fencing team. (video)
- February 7, 2013 - Craig Elsten of The Mighty 1090 AM examines the men's basketball team's recent success heading into Spirit Night and a tilt against fourth-ranked Cal Poly Pomona.
- February 6, 2013 - Men's basketball freshman Hunter Walker is featured in the Santa Maria Times.
- February 2, 2013 - NBC San Diego came out to track & field's Leon T. Roach III Vault-a-Thon. (video)
- January 31 - U-T TV's The Sports Page producer Andrew Burer filed this baseball 2013 season preview. (video)
- January 24 - Former Triton swimmer Travis Miller is the subject of Jim Wright's piece in the NCAA's Champion Magazine.
- January 22 - Rick Reilly, a national columnist for ESPN.com, profiles former baseball All-American shortstop Vance Albitz and his Gloves 4 Troops initiative.
- January 15 - The U-T's John Maffei profiles men's basketball point guard James McCann, a Carlsbad native.
- January 11 - Bladerunner, the annual fencing extravaganza hosted by UCSD at RIMAC Arena, gets some pub in American Fencing Magazine.
- January 4 - UCSD personality Craig Elsten of The Mighty 1090 devotes part of his column to the remarkable story of Beth Dong of women's swimming.
- December 21 - MLB.com's Quinn Roberts profiles former baseball All-American shortstop Vance Albitz and his Gloves 4 Troops initiative.
- December 11 - Pete LaFleur talks with women's soccer senior defenders Hayley Johnson and Ellen Wilson for CollegeSoccer360.com. (video)
- December 9 - Rhiannon Potkey of the Ventura County Star profiles women's basketball coach Chelsea Carlisle, a former Triton standout and Agoura Hills native.
- December 5 - Co-host Kevin Acee welcomes women's soccer head coach Brian McManus in-studio on U-T TV's The Sports Page for the first time after the Tritons finished the 2012 campaign in Georgia as national runners-up. (video)
- November 28 - Hayley Johnson of the women's soccer team is featured, with guest spots from Casey Parisi and Christen Chalmers, in their hometown newspaper, Santa Rosa's Press Democrat, courtesy of Phil Barber.
- November 28 - U-T San Diego's Tod Leonard profiles Coronado native Cassie Callahan of the women's soccer team and sets up the Tritons' NCAA rematch with Grand Valley State.
- November 28 - Luke Zapata of U-T San Diego profiles the UCSD women's soccer program's tradition of excellence and previews the Tritons' NCAA Semifinal match-up in Georgia with Grand Valley State for U-T TV's The Sports Page. (video)
- November 22 - Junior captain Nicholas Korth of the Triton men's swimming team talks with Jeff Commings, associate producer at SwimmingWorld.TV, via Skype on The Morning Swim Show. (video)
- November 21 - Women's soccer senior and local product Britnee Chesney's path to UCSD is profiled by Glae Thien for the North County edition of the U-T San Diego.
- November 17 - Men's swimming's Nicholas Korth makes headline news on SwimmingWorldMagazine.com after a standout showing at the 2012 Arena Invitational.
- November 15 - U-T San Diego reporter Michelle Gingras' report on the success this season of the women's soccer teams at UCSD and San Diego State. (video)
- November 12 - KUSI News' Allie Wagner looks ahead to the women's soccer team's trip to Denver for the NCAA Third Round/Quarterfinals. (video)
- October 11 - U-T TV's Michelle Gingras previews the men's basketball season. (video)
- October 5 - U-T columnist Kevin Acee focuses on UCSD's strength in athletics and academics after being ranked No. 1 in the 2012 Collegiate Power Rankings for the sixth-straight year
- September 7 - Men's water polo coach Denny Harper talks about defending the team's 2011 WWPA title with NCAA.com's Trevor Freeman.