LA JOLLA, Calif. - The No. 14 University of California San Diego men's tennis team fell to Division I opponent Bucknell, 4-3, at Northview Courts Sunday morning.
Bucknell improves to 3-11 on the season while the Tritons fall to 7-6.
UCSD saw only one victory in the top three spots of the singles competition. Marc Isaia beat Max Kane at the No. 3 spot in two sets, 6-1, 6-4.
The No. 6 slot saw Sreeganesh Manoharan take a 6-4, 6-3 victory over Colin Sacco.
In the doubles contest, the Tritons took victories in the No. 1 and 2 spots. Tseng and Zhang defeated Bryan Adams and Vitiuc at No. 1 with a score of 7-5.
Gerber and Wright captured a 6-4 win against Amaral and Manoharan at the No. 2 spot. Richard Han and Isaia rounded out the doubles matches with a 6-3 win against Kane and McDonald.
UCSD will finish its stretch of home matches with a 9:00 a.m bout against No. 24 Western New Mexico on Tuesday, March 14.
Bucknell 4, #14 UC San Diego 3
March 12, 2017 at La Jolla, CA (Northview Courts)
1. Daniel Wright (BU) def. #36 Eric Tseng (UCSD) 6-2, 6-7 (5-7), 6-4
2. Andrei Vitiuc (BU) def. Justin Zhang (UCSD) 7-6 (7-4), 5-7, 6-3
3. Marc Isaia (UCSD) def. Max Kane (BU) 6-1, 6-4
4. Max McDonald (BU) def. Marius Ruh (UCSD) 6-1, 6-4
5. Ben Gerber (BU) def. Rodrigo Amaral (UCSD) 3-6, 6-3, 6-4
6. Sreeganesh Manoharan (UCSD) def. Colin Sacco (BU) 6-4, 6-3
1. Eric Tseng/Justin Zhang (UCSD) def. Bryan Adams/Andrei Vitiuc (BU) 7-5
2. Ben Gerber/Daniel Wright (BU) def. Rodrigo Amaral/Sreeganesh Manoharan (UCSD) 6-4
3. Richard Han/Marc Isaia (UCSD) def. Max Kane/Max McDonald (BU) 6-3
UC San Diego 7-6; National ranking #14; Regional ranking #3
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (4,3,6,5,1,2)