A Proud Tradition of Academic
and Athletic Excellence!
This is UC San Diego Athletics...
- Triton teams have captured 30 national championships while 44 squads have finished as national runners-up and 49 others have achieved national third-place honors. All told, UC San Diego has won 251 national, regional and conference championships.
- UC San Diego student-athletes have won 138 individual national championships.
- A remarkable 1,309 Tritons have been named to All-America teams.
- UC San Diego student-athletes have excelled academically as well, earning 36 prestigious NCAA Post-Graduate Scholarships and 78 Academic All-America selections, including a program-high 10 over the 2015-16 campaign. Consistently, over 55 percent of student-athletes earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, placing them on the Athletic Director's Honor Roll.
- In 2016-17, UC San Diego posted a fourth-place finish out of 266 Division II schools in the Learfield Directors' Cup, an award emblematic of the best overall athletics department in the country. Since moving to the NCAA Division II level for the 2000-01 academic year, UCSD has placed in the top seven programs in the country on 12 different occasions and finished second overall twice.
- UC San Diego won its seventh California Collegiate Athletic Association Commissioner's Cup title in 2017, an award symbolizing the best overall athletics department in the prestigious conference.
- For eight straight years from 2007 to 2014, UC San Diego was ranked first in Division II in the National Collegiate Scouting Association Power Rankings, which are based on student-athlete graduation rates, academic strength and athletic prowess of the university.