A Proud Tradition of Academic
and Athletic Excellence!
with mighty Triton Spirit,
Hail to, the Triton name.
On to fame.
The Triton host prevails,
March on, in unity --
Bold and strong we fight
for Triton victory.
- Triton teams have captured 30 national championships while 44 squads have finished as national runners-up and 49 others have achieved national third-place honors. All told, UC San Diego has won 276 national, regional, and conference championships.
- UC San Diego scholar-athletes have won 138 individual national championships.
- A remarkable 1,389 Tritons have been named to All-America teams, including 41 in 2018-19.
- UC San Diego scholar-athletes have excelled academically as well, earning 37 prestigious NCAA Post-Graduate Scholarships and 82 Academic All-America selections. Consistently, over 55 percent of scholar-athletes earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, placing them on the Athletic Director's Honor Roll.
- In 2018-19, UC San Diego posted a 2nd-place finish out of 268 NCAA Division II schools in the Learfield Directors' Cup, an award emblematic of the best overall athletics department in the country. It marked the fourth-straight year that UC San Diego placed in the top 10. Since moving to the NCAA Division II level for the 2000-01 academic year, UC San Diego has placed in the top seven programs in the country on 13 different occasions and has finished second overall three times.
- UC San Diego won its eighth California Collegiate Athletic Association Commissioner's Cup title in 2018-19, an award symbolizing the best overall athletics department in the prestigious conference.
- For eight straight years from 2007 to 2014, UC San Diego was ranked first in Division II in the National Collegiate Scouting Association Power Rankings, which are based on student-athlete graduation rates, academic strength, and athletic prowess of the university.