The RIMAC Fields are home to the UCSD men's and women's soccer teams. Located just north of RIMAC Arena, the large open area can accomodate up to five soccer fields at the same time.
Triton soccer calls the northwest corner its home. With a built-in seating capacity of 750, which is expandable up to 1,750 for NCAA postseason games, UCSD enjoys a tremendous home advantage. The pitch is widely regarded as one of the best playing surfaces on the West Coast. The field is big and fast as the grass is kept low and in prime condition throughout the soccer season.
Triton Soccer Stadium and RIMAC Fields were once called home by the San Diego Chargers, who used the facilities for their training camp in August.
In Google Maps, enter this address for nearest lot to Triton Soccer Stadium:
9730 Hopkins Drive, San Diego, CA 92121
Directions to Triton Soccer Field
- From Interstate 5, Exit Genesee Ave.
- Head west on Genesee
- Turn left on Torrey Pines Rd.
- Turn left at the next signal (Northpoint Drive - UCSD North Campus Entrance)
- Continue through 2 stop signs, as the road curves to the right it becomes John Hopkins Drive
- Park in Hopkins Parking Structure. The Triton Soccer Field is directly north of the parking structure.
- Parking permits are required (Mon-Fri only) and can be obtained from the Northpoint information booth (To the right of the second stop sign on Northpoint Drive are parking permit machines.) or any level of Hopkins Parking Structure.