HOLUA, Hawaii- The No. 17 UC San Diego women's tennis team rolled to a 9-0 blanking of Hawaii Hilo Friday afternoon in its first match of three on the islands.
UCSD improved to 3-2 on the season, while the Vulcans fell to 0-2.
Chou and Scott also represented UCSD at the top doubles spot and turned away Morrisa Kahakui and Rachel Sugiyama, 8-4.
Nowamooz and Theisen were 8-3 winners at No. 2 doubles, while Vanooteghem and Laura Wilke recorded an 8-0 win at No. 3.
The Tritons face a tough test next as they take on BYU-Hawaii, ranked second nationally, on Saturday, Feb. 15, at 11 a.m (PT).
#17 UC San Diego 9, Hawaii Hilo 0
Feb 15, 2014 at Holua, Hawaii
1. Kyra Scott (UCSD) def. Trixie Croad (UHH) 6-0, 6-0
2. Paula Chou (UCSD) def. Chelsea Sato (UHH) 6-1, 6-0
3. Nava Nowamooz (UCSD) def. Rachel Sugiyama (UHH) 6-2, 6-1
4. Tara Vanooteghem (UCSD) def. Morrisa Kahakui (UHH) 6-0, 6-1
5. Shannon Theisen (UCSD) def. Megan Fujitake (UHH) 6-1, 6-1
6. Lisa Asai (UCSD) def. Shanise Kaaikala (UHH) 6-0, 6-0
1. Melissa Breisacher/Kyra Scott (UCSD) def. Elizaveta Ignatova/Mona Piller (CUI) 8-4
2. Nava Nowamooz/Shannon Theisen (UCSD) def. Trixie Croad/Chelsea Sato (UHH) 8-3
3. Tara Vanooteghem/Laura Wilke (UCSD) def. Megan Fujitake/Shanise Kaaikala (UHH) 8-0
UC San Diego 3-2; National ranking #17; Regional ranking #4
Hawaii Hilo 0-2
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (1,5,6,2,4,3)