The Tritons won all four of their matches during the tournament over the weekend and improve to 6-0 overall in 2011. UCSD also collected wins over Dallas Baptist, No. 11 Hawaii Pacific and host GCU before knocking off the Vulcans on Sunday.
UCSD dropped two of the three doubles matches to fall in an early hole, but rallied to win five out of six in the singles competition. Erik Elliott, Chapman Chan, Vincent Nguyen, Max Jiganti and Maxence Dutreix took down their opponents in singles, with Bryan Canavan capturing UHH's only win at No. 5.
Elliott and West defeated Stephen Royalty and Justin Dugan for UCSD's lone doubles win.
The Tritons, who were ranked No. 31 in the ITA preseason rankings back in the fall, will look to keep their streak going when they travel to Azusa Pacific on Thursday at 1:30 p.m.
1. Erik Elliott (UCSD) def. Stephen Royalty (UHH) 6-1, 6-4
2. Chapman Chan (UCSD) def. Carlos Quijano (UHH) 6-0, 6-2
3. Vincent Nguyen (UCSD) def. Ryan Coffey (UHH) 3-6, 6-3, 6-4
4. Max Jiganti (UCSD) def. Larson Oliva (UHH) 4-6, 6-3, 7-6
5. Bryan Canavan (UHH) def. Jake Fellow (UCSD) 3-6, 6-2, 6-2
6. Maxence Dutreix (UCSD) def. Kallen Mizuguchi (UHH) 3-6, 6-2, 6-0
1. Elliott/West (UCSD) def. Royalty/Justin Dugan (UHH) 8-3
2. Mizuguchi/Quijano (UHH) def. Devon Sousa/Jigante (UCSD) 9-7
3. Coffey/Canavan (UHH) def. Armaun Emami/Jason Wall (UCSD) 8-4
UCSD 6, Hawaii Hilo 3