UCSD students...want to win two roundtrip tickets on JetBlue Airways? And build Triton spirit at the same time? Who wouldn't?
Well, here's your chance. All you have to do is get all of your friends, neighbors and classmates to come to the UC San Diego-Cal State Stanislaus basketball doubleheader, Thursday, Feb. 10 at RIMAC Arena. The women's game tips off at 5:30 PM followed by the men at 7:30 PM.
Here's how it will work...
- Starting at 4:30 PM when the doors open for the women's game, all fans will have a chance to pick up an entry form for the Jet Blue Triton Hoops Challenge at the table on the arena concourse (fans will need to have picture ID and register their entry form)
- After they check in, fans will take their entry form with them; entry forms for the women's game will stop being distributed at 6:00 PM
- At 6:00 PM, entry forms for the men's game will begin being distributed
- At 6:30 PM, fans may start dropping off their completed women's game entry forms at the same concourse table
- Men's game entry forms will continue being distributed until 7:30 PM and may start being dropped off at 8:30 PM
- When dropped off, fans will be requried to fill in the name of the person who got them to come to the game (the contestant)
- The forms will be counted overnight and the individual with the most forms turned in will win two roundtrip tickets on Jet Blue Airways
There are a few restrictions for all those trying to win the contest...
- Contestants vying for the JetBlue tickets must register with the Athletic Dept. by 5:00 PM Friday, Feb. 5 (via phone at 858-534-4211 or e-mail at email@example.com)
- Contestants may not solicit fans inside RIMAC Arena
- Contestants may not solicit fans within a quarter mile of RIMAC Arena (including parking lots, Ridge Walk, etc.)
- Anyone found to be breaking these rules will immediately be disqualified (the objective is to get new fans to attend, not exploit existing fans)
This game (Feb. 10) will also be UCSD's annual "Pink Zone" game which is part of a national initiative by the Women's Basketball Coaches' Assn. to raise breast cancer awareness. So, fans are encouraged to wear pink.
As an added bonus, the Athletic Dept. will give away several raffle prizes in a random drawing of participants in the attendance contest.